Monday, November 22, 2004

Short and Sweet

I've not got a lot of time to put up a post, so no real insight into my mind I guess, though knowing me that will be totally incorrect and I'll come out with something huge now. Isn't that called Murphy's Law or something?? Well it's Monday morning the start of the working week for myself and though this week is a little less hetic as I'm not doing the normal voluntary groups, I'm a little apprehensive. I've got to take a child to respite tonight after school, then tomorrow is a soccer game at Old Trafford. Wednesday I've got no agenda for after school, whilst on Thursday I've got another hospital appointment over in Leeds. Friday I'll be tired and knackered from the night before I guess, so it's going to be running on memory, but I do increasingly look like I'll go up to Lancaster to see some friends for a night or two.

It seems as if the week's planned out, which in a way is good, but in others is bad. When I've got lot's of things planned like this, the week seems to drag on and on. It will be a long week, as I will as soon as the first thing is started I'll be looking at the next thing and waiting for it to happen. It's crazy really, but is it human nature or just me? That's something for me to try and figure out I guess.

I'm feeling well enough not to claim any more time off work this year, that is touch wood unless I get a really nasty bug. I've already got the liver thing to look forward to for next year, which as far as I'm aware is only a day thing. I've also got another hospital stay to come, which will mean a two week period off work. I wish in some way that would be now, as it would give me chance to go to the cinema on the cheap, and in peace and quiet. I don't like going to the movies late on anymore. I'm so used to going during the day and having the near freedom of the cinema. I can't be picky though can I, and I should get along to see the films I want to see, which include the latest Bridget Jones and the Incredibles. The one movie I want to see, which so far hasn't got a British release date is a small movie in the States, called "We Don't Live Here Anymore", it looks really good, and of course it's got some very good looking actors in it, namely Peter Krause. That's enough of my fantasy right now, see I've done it, a little bit of my mind has slipped out.........

This morning's veiw from the window is that of deep fall, the leaves on most of the trees have fallen, the golden hues now prevail on the dark green grass that was once a lush green. The trees are swaying in a cold heavy breeze and the sky once again is blue, though with a few clouds. I can't see it being much longer before we get a good snow flurry. We had a scattering of snow last Thursday, but it didn't stick. Here's to Christmas when it comes in December!!!


No comments: