Monday, December 06, 2004

Energy

Well it's been almost a week since I last posted in here, and through that time I've had very little energy to do anything. The cold that I had last week really knocked me for 6, as the saying goes. I can't recall anything like it, I was so devoid of energy it was scary.

I did as little as possible last week to be honest, apart from not wanting to, I had so little energy to do what ever. That slowly returned and though Friday I might have been able to go into work, I felt that I should remain at home and make sure that I was alright for today. The weekend was a bit more interesting, in that apart from going to watch United play on Saturday with Lisa, I caught a couple of documentaries on tv, the first one being about the making of Boheimian Rhapsody. Though not as informative as it could have been, it was still very good. Sunday saw me start early and head off up to Lancaster to see a friend of mine do a parachute jump. I had said I'd do it with her a while back, but she didn't tell me she was arranging it. So I watched from the ground as she really enjoyed the experience. I'm very much motivated to do similar, but I did promise my mum I wouldn't. I may have to break a promise.

I then spent the majority of the day at my friend Lauren's place, just chatting and chilling out. It was a real nice way to spend a Sunday, and one I'll repeat in the future no doubt. I got home expecting my mum to be back from her weekend jaunt to Germany, or Cologne to be more specific, but she hadn't arrived by the time I left. I'll see her later today no doubt and I'll find out if she enjoyed herself.

Well it's back to work today and I'm looking forward to it in a way. Though not having to gone is nice, not having to do anything loses it's thrill after a while. I could always play about on my pc, and sure I could pass the day away, but that wouldn't be very constructive and that's something that I do need. I am though thinking of applying for a job at Barnardo's. The person who jumped out of the plane yesterday, is leaving and her post will become available, she's on longer hours than the last set of posts, and though it's normally the longest serving people who get offered the extended hours, no one wants them, or so I'm told. If these hours become available then I'll take them. The pay is far more than I'm being paid right now for similar hours and of course I'll have contact with the children.

It's a bright, clear mind which enters work today, not one full of dred or confusion. Let's hope it stays that way.