Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Enjoyable times

It's been over a week since I last wrote anything again, for a couple of them days I wasn't really around at my place as I spent Christmas day and Boxing Day my mum's place. She'd invited me around, and we had a really nice Christmas together. It wasn't the greatest Christmas ever, I don't really recall a great Christmas, but this was a nice suprise as to how enjoyable it was.

Maybe it was the fact of what I had done at school, which had relaxed me a little, who knows. This time next week we'll see what happens, as we are due back in work, or should I say the other staff are due back in. I've no intention of going back, and will if I have to go onto the sick. It's an option that I've got in reserve to play for a while if I have too. The thing is this, I feel so much better without knowing I'm going back.

Enough of that, I may touch on it later, but not in the same manner. The more I go on about it the more I start to think about it, and that isn't what I want to do, or have done. What's been happening in the very odd world of Leia?? Well I did all the Christmas parties for Barnardo's last Wednesday. That was fun, but someone said something there which upset me and made me consider just walking away from them. It does bother me that even people there who want me to work there can cause me problems. Still the kids enjoyed the parties and though some of the lads from the group on a Monday night didn't have a great time I know they enjoyed themselves.

I decided that things had to be taken easy for the rest of the holiday, but come the Thursday things altered. Mum wanted running up to Aunite Irene's, which I did. At least AJ was with us and thus made the trip less painful for me. I don't know why I don't enjoy trips up to Auntie Irene, but I haven't for years. So after a quick visit there, the three of us then fought through the crowds to go shopping for fresh food. It wasn't as busy as I've known it to be, but it was certainly busy. Shelves were emptying very quickly and luckily we didn't have a huge shop to undertake and once we'd got everything, it was a dash to the tills. Ok, so AJ took us upstairs to look around the toy section, and tell us what she wanted for Christmas for the 1000th time, but which 7/8 year old wouldn't at this time of year??? Whilst waiting to get through the check out, mum sent AJ and me to McDonalds for her lunch. It's only since they refurbished the shop has McD's been in the Asda/Wall-Mart shop near us. AJ was happy enough, as she got one of the "Incredibles" toys she hasn't got got. I was awarded super powers for finding a McD's with a different toy in.

By the time we got home and had a drink of coffee, it was time for AJ to go home and once she had, it was a matter of a quick sit down and relax before getting all the presents wrapped up, either Christmas for everyone or AJ's Birthday present, which is today!!!!

The rest of the Thursday and Friday was taken at a sedate pace, though on Friday morning I did go and get the light on the car fixed, one of the sidelights had gone, and once in the shop, I bought myself a new stereo for the car. I got them to install it, as I'd never done anything like that before and was slightly scared of doing anything. It was a good job they did it, as at first I couldn't do it and they needed to use more tools than they expected. So at least I've got music in the car now and I'm very impressed by the quality of the thing.

The holiday days or Christmas Day and Boxing Day, were taken at much the same pace as the Friday and late Thursday. Sedate, but active all the way through. I got to mum's just before lunch time and just before AJ arrived with her mum and dad. AJ was wide eyed and went straight to the tree to open her presents from this house. There wasn't even a stop to wish everyone happy Christmas. She's got loads of things and I'm sure she's more than happy with what she's got. I'd be jealous if i hadn't got half as much as that at that age. Still she bought me or should I say her mum and dad bought me another Star Wars lego keyring, but I knew this as AJ has been telling me for the past couple of weeks exactly what she's bought me. I got some money officially off her mum and dad, which is more than I expected. Once they'd gone and mum and I had Christmas dinner, I settled down and watched a variety of things. I was hoping to watch the traditional Christmas film, "The Wizard of Oz", but I didn't get chance, but we did see the ending, which was enough. It was on twice anyway this year, on different stations. It also became a white Christmas for us, which is something of a rarity, but it certainly was nice to see and hear the children in the drive laughing and screaming on Christmas Day, whilst enjoying a snowball fight. That's Christmas.......

Boxing Day was spent hoping that Lisa would manage to get up for the football match. She didn't get up here due to car problems, which upset me somewhat. I wanted to have the chance to talk to her about what I'd done at work, as I hadn't told her up to that point. Subsequently I've managed to tell her via email, but I've had no reply as of yet. I'm presuming that as Monday and Tuesday of this week have been public holidays to compensate for Christmas falling on a Saturday, she hasn't been in work to collect her mail. Once I'd been to the football and returned to mum's it was time to watch a couople of tv shows before heading back home here. Since then, the past couple of days have been spent either here or at mum's. It's been enjoyable thus far, and though I've got no where to go yet on New Year's eve, I'm sure that I can find somewhere to go and party. If not I can bring a lot of beer from my mum's place, I've got some wine, and can get some more before seeing the New Year in either here or at mums.

I'll leave this post for now, as I don't want to go on forever with this. Plus, my shoulders are starting to hurt right now. Both of my shoulders are freezing over, though one is more advanced than the other. To type for such a period of time as I have, nearly 40 minutes, give or take 15 to 20 of those were spent 1 finger typing whilst eating my breakfast, it still strains my shoulders. Oh this could be my get out of work key for a while I guess.

No comments: