Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Playscheme Day 1

Well after all the weeks of planning yesterday was the first day of the playscheme's that have been causing my life so much hell. It wasn't too bad, the good old name games and parachute games always goes down well on the first day. It does take some time to get everyone beyond the stage of being embarrassed but, by the time the last game has gone they were all joining in.

It wasn't a great first day, I've been involved in better, and should I stay with Barnardo's beyond this next 12 months, I'll probably be involved in better. We had one accident, where a child went to use some monkey bars on a park, and after jumping up to reach them realised that he was still too short and came crashing down to earth. I suspect that he's going to have real nice black eye to match the grazes across his face. I therefore claim to win the prize for the first accident form this year. It looked quite bad at first, but some cold compression helped reduce some of the swelling at that point.

By the end of the day, which wasn't long after the accident, I was so tired!! I've never felt that tired after a day of playscheme in years, it was very odd. I'll pace myself a lot better from now on in, and also be aware that I'm mentally in playscheme mode, and not the planning mode. The planning part took a lot out of me, and now that's realised I'll be better prepared for today. We are going swimming today, and for sure I'm not wanting to fill in any accident forms today.

So apart from that what else is new?? Well I've been granted my first choice holidays as such, and so for the first time in ages, the week of my birthday is going to be spent relaxing. I'm heading down to Alton Towers with Lisa that day, and then going to spend a few days with her and Wayne. I'm excited by this as this will be a proper holiday for the first time in ages.


No comments: