Thursday, August 04, 2005

The Second Week

Having finished the second week of my own playscheme, I must say that I'm still not happy with the volunteers that I've got. I still don't want to tell them what they should do, they are not children, but they can't take any hints then so be it, I'll treat them like they are the children.

I think the low point this week was the fact that one of volunteers just wouldn't go work with the child we'd asked her to do so. I wouldn't mind, but this child needed changing and she'd not been around to notice. I had to go and find this out for myself. It wasn't very nice finding that out and more so with the volunteer sat in another part of the building. I've been told off often before now for how I treat the volunteers and I guess my own high standards has led to me forgetting that these volunteers aren't that far beyond being children themselves. Still if asked to stay with the child they should at least do that.

In terms of activities this past week, I've taken my group out to the local soft play zone, that was fun, they loved it in there. I know it isn't the most inovative idea, but they wanted it. Yesterday I took them to see Madagascar, which I found to be funny, but not in the Shrek class. The film was full of the tried and tested formula for the newer animated features, and Shrek set such high standards that nothing compares to it these days. Perhaps the first non Disney, Pixar film will match Shrek.

Today was a day of rest, but included in that was a trip to Leeds for a hospital appointment, only to find out that although I'm healthy and the doctor was stunned at my low heart rate, she wants me to have an ECG. It's mind blowing, but as my body is like a mine field in terms of results of blood tests nothing these days suprises me.

And now onto something different..... Thank You Janet, your comments keep cheering me up, as much as Chris Pronger signing for the Oilers did all Oiler fans. You have my permission to link these ramblings to your site if you so wish. It may boost the numbers over here and one or two more comments can be made... Oh and the next time you leave a message, why no suggest a colour for me to use in the next post..

No comments: