Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Mindless

I find it hard to describe how I feel right now. I've just read the story of a young girl in America, by the name of Gwen Araujo. This beautiful young girl, cut down before blossomed into a beautiful young woman. I question lot's of things and often try to come up with some answers, but for this I have none.

Why in today's society is this type of thing going on? This is something straight out of the 1920's, not 2003. I thought we were more educated than this, to understand that this young girl may not be like others, but that doesn't mean she should be killed for that. I don't think for one minute she did what she did to spite the others involved, but they took spite out on her. Today two of them await sentencing for murder.

I'm glad justice has been done, but it brings an added fear to my life. An old question resurfaces, could that happen to me. I may be fragile as it is, but this has in many ways strengthed my resolve.

Tonight I hope Gwen is resting in peace and enjoying the fact that justice has been done.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

La. Nursing Home Owners Charged in Deaths
The husband-and-wife owners of a New Orleans-area nursing home where 34 people died in Hurricane Katrina's floodwaters were charged Tuesday with negligent homicide.
Great Blog!! If you are interested, go see my kissing101 related site. I think you'll like it!!