Thursday, September 08, 2005

The Morning After

Well, I don't normally watch England play football, but I did just that last night and what a joke it was. I've not laughed so much at a football team in ages. Still that's England and I don't care really. Though should they win the world cup (yeah right), I may say something. It's the morning after now, and though the laughter has died down, the stark reality is they were awful. They were so bad, it's damaged the national pride. So this morning the country is waking up, to the notion that our cricket team, has to restore that pride, they have to beat Australia. They've done it twice already this summer, but this is the big one, winner takes all. The Ashes and the country's pride is at stake.

Away from the world that is sport, what's going on? Well another day in work yesterday, which has seen my hours worked since my agreement with Godfrey rise to 20 hours. That's just under the amount I agreed to do, so I guess that I'm on track to get things done ok, and be back to zero by the time October starts.

Whilst being in over these past few days, I've had a couple of discussions with my new manager, about practises and the way we do things. In some ways I'm glad this is happening, as we are challenging each other over the way we work. It's all cordial, in that we are fighting our corners, comprimising if needs be and having the idea's of others thrown in for good measure. While I'm happy she's come in and is bringing fresh ideas, those ideas are based upon her experience with working with young people with visual disabilities. We have a wide range of disabilities which, brings with each and everyone a unique approach to working with them. Some of the idea's given while good in theory, I don't think will be good in practise. We will just have to wait and see.

Onto something completely different, prior to the football on the tv last night was a programme about this doctor who claims to be able to rid motorists of road rage. I hadn't planned on watching it, but thought it's only 30 minutes of moving wall paper prior to the fun and games. It was really good. To see some of the things these people were doing was scary. I know quite a few people don't enjoy my driving, they claim I drive to fast and I'm unsafe. Most accept though that I have faith in my own abilities and that my accident rate isn't as high or bad as they make out to be. My driving is now more of a running joke than anything.

Whilst watching this programme last night I could understand why people have a go at me, but I can put my hand on my heart and say I'm not that bad. I'm not aggressive behind the wheel. I can accept that the other week, my driving was probably at it's worst for ages, but I was never aggressive. I'm going to sit down and watch this series to see how this doctor does, as I think she's got her hands full.

No comments: