Thursday, September 29, 2005

Old Haunts

Well Monday went really well, I loved every minute of my day at Alton Towers. Though we left in mid afternoon, we still had managed to walk onto nearly every ride with the exception of Rita, Queen of Speed. Even then, the wait was only around 15 minutes which was fine by Lisa and myself.

I hadn't been for years, so to try some of the rides I'd heard about and not been on was great. I really loved Air, and recommend that should anyone find a similar ride anywhere in the world like it, try it, it's a real dandy coaster. Lisa came on everything bar one ride with me, and that was about as much as I expected. I wish we had ridden Air a couple of times, but that can happen another time. We've agreed that instead of going to restaurants for our birthdays we may go to Theme parks for the next few years. Alton Towers was near enough empty and that suited us to a tee.

Whoops I've let it slip haven't I!! It was my birthday on Tuesday, I'm the grand old age of 34 now, and Lisa will be joining me on that number on Saturday. So it was like hey let's go back to being kids again. I think at 34 I have to start looking at myself as almost being technically middle aged. I don't feel that old, I don't act like I'm middle aged, but that's because I am around people much younger than myself most of the time. Still it's something which is creeping up on us.

I had to work on my birthday, which sounds crazy I know, as I'm on my holidays from work. The problem was I should have been with Lisa in Winchester this week, but due to unforseen circumstances we had to cancel it. I've mentioned that before. So I said I would drive for the parents support group at work. It's a group that I've driven for before and I know them all anyway. They were going for a morning of bowling and then on for a meal. No kids involved on this trip, so it was just a group of adults out for a fun time. I didn't let slip it was my birthday as it was also one of the group members birthday. It was only later did someone find out, and then the group had a go at me for keeping quiet. I was subsequently asked to work another group in the evening. That wasn't good, it wasn't the group's fault, it was the whole thing, it was a mess, so much so that I'm going to make a complaint at work when I get the first opportunity.

Onto today, I'm taking my mum to Chester, for a days shopping. This is something of an old haunt for me. Whilst I was at uni in the next town along, Wrexham. We used to go into Chester for a shop if we felt we didn't want to stay in Wrexham. They did have a really nice pizza shop in town too. Chester of course is an old town, the Roman's had a fort there, and it's still seen as one of the countries most important Roman towns. It's used by lots of schools in the North West of the country for day trips. So it's going to be nice to go shopping there, rather than having to do all the usual work things there. I'm driving, so that's going to be fun, and my mum doesn't realise yet, that I'm intending stopping on the way home for a meal, all be it in a pub I guess. I'd pay for a meal in Chester, but it's a very expensive place, or it was when we were poor students.

I hope the weather improves though, as it's really bright and till about 20 minutes ago not a cloud in the sky. Right now, a few clouds are crossing over, but they are full of rain, not horrible rain, but a heavy showers. It wouldn't bother me to be honest, but it's not the nicest weather to drive in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leia

Just wishing you a belated happy birthday.Many happy returns.

all the best
Worcsabre23