Sunday, September 04, 2005

Visiting Police Stations

Well I tried to take my driving license to the local police station the one I nominated last week. Guess what it's shut down, I should have realised that, as the local police force has built 3 brand new stations, all identical looking and all super big. Guess what though, outside all the police stations are phones so you can call inside either late at night or what ever. Well the one I went too which has shut has a phone outside. Now my logic says that the phone should have been redirected to the new station, so if you make the mistake I did, you get put through to the new station and they'll tell you where to go. Wrong, the automatic phone line comes up with number unobtainable.....

So without further a do I headed to the new station only to realise when I got into the station to hand over my license that I not only my plastic id license card did I need, but the paper part to it. I could have shot myself for forgetting that. I also means that should I not make it down tomorrow I'll be in bigger trouble. They wouldn't even make a record that I've at least tried to hand over my documents to them within the 7 days allowed.

I came home and looked through all my car stuff, but panic set in!! I couldn't find the second part of my license. Where could it be? I've had it this year, I've used it on a couple of occasions if not more. I really did get worried, more so that last night I had been dreaming of prisons. Was that an omen? I gave up looking and went around to my mum's. It was while on the drive around that I suddenly remembered that the reason I'd used the license was hiring minibuses earlier this year, and that it will be with all my proof of address. I've found it now and will go down to the cop shop tomorrow and sort things out.

It's 3 years of 6 points on my license, which bumps my insurance up a bit, even if I've not had an accident which would destroy my no claims bonus. I hate this.

Apart from the above this weekend has been a good one, the weather has been really nice, real hot as well. A couple of weeks back I was going to put my shorts and stuff into storage for the winter and bring out all the jumpers etc. This weekend has seen a swift return to shorts and t-shirts. Long may this hot weather last, you know it's hot when you get in your car and you burn your hands on the steering wheel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah like a diet pill is the answer to all of life's problems right?
This isnt Alice in Wonderland
this is real life....