Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Working when you have no work

Right, here we go.. This may sound strange, but going into work right now and trying to fit my hours in that I need to work, is probably the hardest work I've ever done. Apart from restricted hours due to the amount of over time I've done, going in right now is so hard. We are not working with the children, we are supposed to be doing nothing till the end of September, when it so happens I'll be away. So I'm going into the office and just trying to fill the hours in doing things that I think need to be done.

Many people over at school would say that I'm the expert in doing such a thing but at school I would find something to do, or at least ask. Right now there is nothing which really needs doing. It's so difficult to stay in the place when you've got nothing more than to phone some one up and ask them to a meeting in 2 weeks time. It's crazy.

Well I managed to get into the police station with my license yesterday and got quite a bit of sympathy, which suprised me. I didn't expect it, but still that's the way it went.

The weather is excellent, though the forecast is for rain at the end of the week. I don't know if I should laugh or cry at that. I've been following the cricket through out the summer and the final nail biting test is due to start on Thursday. Now the intention is for me to work my hours so I can stay and watch as much of the test match as possible. I should see a lot of it as the match should last for around 3 or 4 days. I can't see it lasting the full 5 days, though the rain effected game at Old Trafford did. Now ok, for those not interested it will mean nothing, but I'm sure that most of you who are into sport would be with me in this. You'd rather your team win something fair and square than by default. Right now going into game 5, the score is 2-1 to England, and 1 game to play. The other game was drawn, now I'd rather we get a result out of the game than have it rained off. I'm not one for supporting England normally, but in this case I will.

Should go back to today at work! I had to encounter one of the worst smells EVER!!! As part of the operation to clear up after playscheme's a couple of crash mats had to be returned to one of the schools today, and after that I went with a colleague to the refuge tip, to throw away stuff we no longer need. All well and good, but the minibus was too big to go under the barrier, so we were sent to the big garage to drop the rubbish off. I'm telling you that place stinks, how to describe it, it was garbage that was baking in an oven, with the pungent smell of rotting fish to cap it off. For 3 minutes we had to breathe it in, let the bus obtain this smell inside it, etc. My colleague had no idea it would smell so badly, I did say she could stay on the bus and leave it to me. I've been in that place before and it stunk then, but not as bad as that today......

No comments: