Tuesday, October 11, 2005

I did it

Even though I felt bad doing it and feel even worse for doing so now, I did what I had to do yesterday and saw my line manager about my co-worker. Salvaging some pride I was informed that I was the last of my other co-workers to go and say something about this person. It doesn't make it that much easier knowing that, but at least I'm not alone in how I feel about this other person.

With that done, I managed to do a good days work, and feel much happier about myself by the end of the day. In fact the day got so much better once I got home to my mum's. I found my sister there, which would mean that my neice would be there. Seeing as it's such a rare thing for me to see my niece and be able to chat to her, it was just great being able to do just that. We sat and talked about school, Christmas and films. I even got big points for suggesting we go see the next Harry Potter film on openning night, as she's never done the first night of a fim before.

I wish I could see a lot more of her, but that's not my fault, it's her parents and there attitude that makes my blood crawl. I do hope that some day soon they let her have her own mind on things. I know she's only 8, going on 9 in December, but she's a lot brighter than the average 8/9 year old, which in a way reminds me of myself (not gloating about iq, but more in terms of being more mature than the average 8/9 year olds).

Now for the other bit, I've now stayed awake through 2 straight Oiler games, which isn't bad, but waking up at 3am to listen isn't going to do my body clock much good. It's already starting to alter to match the games, which isn't good. By the time there is a break, I'll still be waking up at around 3am. Still if the Oilers keep on winning and doing so playing good hockey I don't care... I'd be happy to wake up for ever if the Oilers remain perfect through the year and lift the cup. I know it won't happen, but here's to a dream, and no I'm not dreaming right now, I'm very much awake.

No comments: