Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Blast

Well this week has flown bye, but I'm not complaining that's the way I like it, and by the time I get my feet on the ground it will be the weekend once more.

I should start this paragraph with a word on the big soccer game last Sunday. United played Chelsea, which in it's own merit is a big game, but as Chelsea are now the champions and United the challengers who by everyone's account have fallen behind it was a much bigger game than normal. It was such a blast to come out of the ground on Sunday with the 67,000 others having enjoyed a great game of soccer and a win for United. I know that I'm biased, but that was such a good game, played in the right spirit and the crowd got behind the team, at times the whole experience left goosebumps all over. I've been in better atmospheres at the ground, but this was so unexpected and so refreshing, long may it last.

Work has gone ok so far this week, but I'm only half way through it and have the rest of the week to do. I guess the big news from work is that the project manager will be leaving us in January. Ok, so the head boss is going, but as he's been there near enough 17 years it's going to be strange not having him around once more. He's been there nearly as long as I have, I remember meeting him for the first time, as a 16 year old kid at school and chatting over previous playscheme's and finding out that he'd replaced the person I'd worked with the year before. I wish him well for when he leaves, but it's still a bolt out of the blue that no one had seen coming.

In terms of work and what has gone on, my group last night wasn't as taxing as it was last week, but it was still a little on the shambolic side, but that's the way the group is. The children are of such like that trying to tell them to sit down and wait for there turn at bowling is very difficult, and of course when you get others bowling all around you, it's important that you try your hardest to get it done. Then when you have others joining you, it just adds to the mess. Still no one was hurt and we got back to base on time, I am however going to ask my line manager to ask those who were there of what they think about my group, and then to ask her to come out with us. Maybe a little re-organisation could be needed.


No comments: