Sunday, November 06, 2005

Time To Write

I guess after 3 days of no posts and plenty of idea's it's time to write another post. This post is going to go down a path, which one though I don't know so hold on tight and enjoy the ride.

Well this week went well, I managed to get all my hours in at work way before Friday and though I had to work on Friday it wasn't a long day and I was home for 12pm. I should add extra hours onto my time sheet, but I'd only get in trouble for that and so for once I'll keep it at the 21 hours that I should have worked and say no more. I know that in time to come that I'll possibly regret doing that, but hey it's me and I always make mistakes like that.

Friday didn't go quite to plan though, as I started to watch the entire Star Wars story, but only got through the first 3. Still it's good to have seen the entire prequal trilogy in order and though not as good as the original trilogy, it's still a good set of films when watched together and I guess that's how they were supposed to be watched.

I'm feeling quite refreshed for some reason, I know I've not been away and I've not really stressed myself out of late, but I've done very little this weekend, though I did manage to get my mum to eat Sweet Potatoes. Well I made chips out of them and gave them to her without telling her, and she liked them. It's the best way to do things with my mum. Give her something don't tell her what it is and then when she says it's ok, tell her and shock her. She's such a fussy eater that this way at least we tried something with her and she's got the chance to say she doesn't like it. Normally it's I don't like that or fancy that, just going from the name or the look of something.

No it's been quite a relaxed feel to the weekend and I'm chilled out with that. I guess that come later this afternoon and nearer to the big soccer game I'll get a bit nervous and tense, but hey that's just that. This though is a quiet contentment. Something I rarely find, so I'm treasuring this weekend.

Work next week should be fun, I've now got a child or group on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. That's 8 hours of my 21 sorted without me even moving a muscle, and if I throw in an extra 4 hours for preparation that leaves me with 9 hours to fill. That's no problem on a weekly basis I know from experience. So for the time being I shouldn't find it a problem filling my hours in at work. I'm happy with that, but of course it means that I'm now tied down in terms of what I can or can't do in the near future. Though of course 1 of the children will be moving into a group soon and thus leaving me a space.

I suppose I should go and get ready shouldn't I...I would like to go shopping, or at least call at the local Aldi to see what they have on offer and pick up some of the stranger food products they have on offer. I've got to say that I do enjoy a shop in Aldi every now and again. It may be cheap, it may not be the greatest of shops but they do sell the odd thing that I enjoy or at least make things affordable.

No comments: