Tuesday, December 06, 2005

What a beautiful sight!

562 days of waiting or 18 months of agony and last night it happened. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer made his comeback for Manchester United reserve team last night. Oh it was so good to see him in a red shirt once more. He may never recapture the form or even his place in the first team, but to know he's available for selection is like being given the greatest Christmas and birthday present rolled into one. This guy is a legend and goes down in the course of history as being the guy that put the ball in the German's net, on that barmy night in Barca in 99.


Well we heard he would be playing at least some point during the game last night, towards the end of last week. So after finishing work I headed off to Hyde, where the reserve team are playing there fixtures this year. It's the first time in years that I'd been to the reserves, and it was a bit of a shock to the system to be honest. I don't know why, perhaps on previous occasions it was injured players returning and also those players who would now be squad players playing. This time it was essentially the junior teams, the 18 - 21 year olds.


To be honest the game wasn't the greatest and for the record United lost 0-2 to Liverpool reserves, which hurt as badly as if the first team were playing. A huge crowd for the reserves though turned up for Ole. I think they said it was 2738, when the average is probably less than 1000. I enjoyed myself and I can say I was there that he made his comeback. In fact I may start to go watch the reserves on a more regular basis from now one.

Apart from that, what else yesterday? Well I got into work and tried to sort out my group for today, but things kept happening, in terms of children being added, when in a way I didn't want them to be, but I can't do anything. On a scary note, it's MY final group day today as I've got a hospital appointment next week. I'm so happy in that respect. Still tonight will be a success, and I won't let anything get me down. I've got idea's on how to combat the problems that may beset the group, and I just hope we can impliment the plans, without to many complaints.

My arms are still very sore, and I've still got no real idea as to why, I'll have to get to the doctors and ask her for an opinion. I'll also have to apologise as well, I know she's received a letter from Leeds, which is factually incorrect, but it slights her, and I'm not too happy. I know what was said and it certainly isn't what is down in the letter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

home equity loans company