Sunday, March 19, 2006

Cometh Spring, Cometh Clean

Well it needed to be done, and no time like the present I guess. The flat has been given the tri-monthly spring clean, but today was extra hard work. I don't know why, but the past couple of weeks things seemed to have gathered more dust than ever before. Still no time let it settle, it needed cleaning and today was the day. I'm off down to Winchester tomorrow morning and thus, if it wasn't done today it would mean I'd be coming home to a horrible dirty flat.

So with vigour I set about this morning to get this place spick and span, and that I have done. The only real problem is that I've not got any real nice smellies to make this room fragrant, though I suppose that when I fuel up tomorrow morning I could pick a couple of car smellies up and put the spare one in the car up in the room. That would make it smell nice on my return. It's a long time since I had something really nice smelling in the room as such. I'll have to think about this one.

Here we are though at all enginies start for my holidays and I'm getting quite excited. My excitement is slightly tempered as I've got lots of things to do before I can travel down to Winchester, and I've another evenning with my mum and her sister to survive and my cousin. It's not as bad as it sounds, but it's certainly not the most ideal situation. I would be here at my place had it not been for the fact that Sunday is 24 night and both mum and I like to watch that together.

I'm going to pick mum up shortly from bingo and then have a bath at her place, I was going to grab a shower, but I feel quite dirty after all the cleaning today and a long bath to soak in before washing my hair in the shower sounds a lot better. Some nice bubble bath in warm water really does sound good.

I don't know if I will post again till at least next Monday, so if I don't I'll sign off by wishing you all a nice week, and here's hoping that I come back refreshed, full of stories and possibly some pictures of my week away......

No comments: