Thursday, March 02, 2006

Times are Marching

Ok, Ok, Ok, it was a bad attempt at a pun, the title that is, but I'm a little lost at how to use the term March without it sounding corny.

Well I'm off to see a friend of mine in Lancaster today and I'm really looking forward to it. I've probably not seen Lauren for about 6 months, and it's nearly a year since I went up to see her. They've moved house since the last time I went up and I was always bad at finding the old one, so I only hope this is a bit easier to find. I'm really glad to be heading to Lancaster as it's a beautiful old city and one which is the original county town of Lancashire, my home county. It is also the same Lancaster that fought the house of York in the War of the Roses, and all the red roses that symbolise England, on things like the rugby team shirts is from the house of Lancaster.

Then on top of all the historical significance to the city, it is also a very nice base to go and explore some of the most outragous countryside in the world. There are still hamlets and villages spotted around the place that produce some of the finest produce in the northern hemisphere. It is one of those places that I could quite happily move too, if I could find it in me to leave Salford. I'm not sure what we'll be doing today, but all I know is that I'll be setting off around 9.30am, be up there for around 10.30 or 11am and the rest as they say will be history.

Tomorrow Lisa is home and we intend to go watch some rugby down at the Willow's the home of Salford City Reds. It's been ages since we did anything like this, and it's going to be fun watching them play Wigan Warriors. They (Wigan, that is) should win, but it's watching the game that matters, I'm a Salford fan, but I'm not tied to them like I am to say a football team. I follow the scores and hope they stay in the top division, which I'm sure they can. The stadia is only about 1.5 miles away from me, and on match days you can hear the crowd when I'm at my mum's. So if I give them a cheer or two tomorrow I'll be fine.

No comments: