Thursday, May 25, 2006

Am I now Assertive

I sit before my pc, about to write this and eat my breakfast at the same time. A good old bacon butty, nothing better for breakfast, cept perhaps a full English breakfast.

As stated in my previous post, I had training on Tuesday, on how to be assertive and self confidence. The former didn't work, but I do feel that when the opportunity arises, I'll be ready to say no. Though on Tuesday itself on returning to work, when the opportunity arose to say NO, I didn't. That though was exceptional circumstances to which I can not expand on, but it wasn't something I would have said No too at any point.

The training itself wasn't that bad to be honest, but it did little if anything for my self confidence. That I fear is down to me, but I don't think it was about that in the whole, it was more about being assertive. That should be easier from now on in, but to build up my self confidence is going to be tough. I guess it's at an all time high at the moment, but that would only go as far as contentment, nothing more. I can't like myself, let alone love myself. It's taken me years to get to contentment, but to be able to like or love myself is another matter completely.

So the Oilers march on, game 3 was won on Tuesday and that leaves them 1 game away from the Stanley Cup finals for the first time since 1990, which of course they won. I'm starting to think that this run isn't going to end, but it's going to be one hell of a ride between now and it's end. I can see a couple of unforseen twist and turns, before the brakes are applied. I don't care mind you, it just makes me realise how much I love hockey and how good it will be to have a local hockey team, who although I won't feel the passion for as I do the Oilers, I'll be more than happy to go and watch in and around the country.

No comments: