Monday, May 29, 2006

Day of Rest

It's the second bank holiday of May here in the UK, and so I intend today to be a day of rest. I know that I may go and watch a game of football near my mum's place for charity, but that's the only plans I've got. Well almost, if Amelia is coming around for tea at mum's I may do a BBQ for her, but that's about it.

The weather although not hot, has been dry the past couple of days and it's always nice to do something different. It's been a while since we cooked over charcoal. Tonight's going to be quite strange, for the first time in ages the Oilers won't have a game of hockey to play. I've got into the routine of game night, not game night, game night and to have that broken is almost pleasing. I can rest up with the players and get myself ready for the Stanley Cup finals.

As for me, I'm riding the train that has no destination on, and though that's strange it's also pleasing to know that I'm not heading into a long dark tunnel down a hill. I can see where I am right now, and though the next down hill section could be around the next corner, my eyes are wide open and taking in the views.

No comments: