Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Helping Hand?

The past few days I've not been too vocal, I've just not felt the desire to write something every day. I'm sorry if that's not encouraging to you folks to come back and read, but at times I just don't have the inclination to do that. This has been one of those points.

The past two days haven't seen much done, though that period has been fairly busy, it's not been overtly productive. I've relaxed, I've worked and managed to get some sort of progress with one of my one to one's. That in itself right now is huge, but overall it's nothing that I shouldn't be expecting from that child.

Today I'm off to Liverpool to do some training. I've got the disenfectant for when I get back later this afternoon. I know it sounds awful, but that place just gives me the creeps, it's probably the one place on this planet that I really don't like. It's not that I've ever had a bad time down there, in fact quite the opposite, it's just the place and the hatred between Manchester and Liverpool. You get that sort of rivalry all around the world I guess, and this is just the one which get's my blood boiling.

The training is about building self confidence and assertivness skills. I know this is something that I lack, well no lack isn't the correct term. I just don't have any of these skills and it should be interesting to see how they attempt to build these into me. Yes, I can say the right things to get myself through this, but will it stick with me, will it give me any help for the future? I don't know, I'll go into this with an open mind and hope that it can do to me, what few courses has done so far.

No comments: