Monday, June 05, 2006

4 from 7 please

It's game day, well it's Monday 5th June for me here in England, so it's game day and the start of the Stanley Cup finals. Wow, I don't think I've been this excited about a sporting event since 26th May 1999, the day United won the treble.

That went down to the wire, I just hope that this series doesn't go to the wire, but if it does, then so be it, as long as the Oilers win. To say I'm pumped up for this is an understatement, I've even managed to get my 9 year old neice demanding she comes and joins me at my mum's tonight to watch the game live. It's not as if she watches hockey on a regular basis, but she's been to a couple of games in Manchester, and knows I follow the Oilers, and she can tell an Oiler shirt at 200 yards. So if I can get her involved then all the better, cept that from game 4 onwards she'll be in school during week games, and won't be allowed anywhere near watching live. Which if we are to win will be a shame for her.

No comments: