Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Hope is....

Those of you who come here often, will know my love is in sports, and hockey and soccer in particular. My soccer hero's though winning a cup this year, it wasn't the one we really wanted, it wasn't the big one. Now in hockey my team has come so far, it's won a cup, all be it unexpectantly, and it's challenging for the big prize as we speak.

Being 3-1 down in a best of 7, isn't something I'm happy about and I bet quite a few Oiler fans will be preparing for the team to lose the next game or at least 1 of the next 3. We need to win all 3, to win the Stanley Cup. Do I share the same fatalistic thought? No, some where deep inside of me I can hear a voice saying it isn't over till the fat lady is singing. Well the music is playing right now, and she's in the wings readying herself to come on centre stage. I do however think the tune being played isn't the one she wants and she'll wait around in the background a bit longer.

There you go I can give myself some hope, but of course hope is something special to me, having lived in an area served by Hope Hospital, the nearest pub being the Inn of Good Hope/The Hope, the local library is Hope Library and the high school I went too is Hope High. All in all, Hope has a special place in my heart and soul, and it's that which is keeping me going in thinking the Oilers can pull the irons out of the fire without being burnt.

Not a lot else to report, I've not had any sleep and nor will I till later today. I've got training to attend in Liverpool today, and if I had gone to sleep it would probably end up with me either missing my training or being very late. This way I make sure that I'm around for the training, in body at least, if not mind as well.

No comments: