Saturday, July 29, 2006

Changes

Well today has been a real slow day so far. I got up at around 7.30 after many times waking up in the night, but I knew at 7.30 it was time to get up and get the day going. The only problem I haven't got the day going yet and it's now turned 11am.

Let's begin with the fact that yesterday I swapped my phone for a new one, which I'm happy about, as it will stop all the pestering from the people that I bought the phone from. Ok, I gave in to them, but at the end of the day, I've got a phone which is probably that bit closer to the one that I would really like. For the technophobes out there it's a Sony Ericcson W810i, the W standing for walkman phone. This thing can now act as my MP3 player as well as my phone. That's something that I've wanted for a while now.

So this morning on getting up, I started to play around with downloading theme's and stuff for the phone as well as throwing on ringtones and mp3's to listen too at later dates. I didn't do too much stuff online nor did I even think about breakfast or a cup of tea. It was at around 10am that I suddenly realised that I'd not eaten or drank at all this morning. I can't even blame the drink I had last night. Lisa is in town, for her auntie's birthday, and was in the local pub, so called me up and I went and had a quick chat and drink with her and Wayne. Well chat isn't the word, more like a quick shout, as the Karaoke was going on.

So this morning was passing me by and I wasn't at all bothered about the world, till I suddenly realised something. Today is the 3rd anniversary of my last major surgery. Well I've only had 2 major surgeries and one of those was on my knee. Some of you may be aware of that and the other. It brought a smile to my face, and an even bigger smile came across my face, when on going to redcafe as I found that one of United's all time great's Ole Gunner Solskaar signed 10 years ago today. It was a day of anniversaries of changes in people's lives. I was quite cheerful, till I suddenly looked out of my window.

To my horror, the tree to which I've probably posted pictures of in here, the tree to which I've seen so many squirals and birds playing or fighting that has brought unmeasurable pleasure over the 3 years I've been here, has been cut to peices. The vibrant green hues that greeted me yesterday morning have been replaced by the sight of the trunk and cut branches. It isn't my tree, it isn't even in the back garden to the house I live in, but it's been one of those sights and pleasures that I've had. Now it's no more. The sight of this can be seen at my picture blog. I'm all for changes, as I stated above, today is all about changes, but this one isn't the type that I wanted today.

Apart from going out with Lisa and getting a new phone yesterday, I managed to get most of my paperwork done for my playscheme. Amelia helped me get it done by reading out information for me, she won't remember half or if any of it, but she know's she helped me as I managed to bribe her with getting the Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire dvd. She's been wanting it for a while now and I've resisted buying it. She keeps seeing it and keeps asking for it, but I've always put her off. I guess having purchased dvd's for myself earlier in the week (which have yet to arrive, unless they are at mums as I speak) I couldn't very well put Amelia off any more. The thing was though, I wanted her to have earned the dvd and she did just that. It was another part of the learning curve for her. She got threatened with the 1 disk version when she started to lose focus of helping me, which normally did the job. One thing though that did come from yesterday, is that she is very much into Doctor Who right now. It's one of the first non girly type things she's got into. Considering she's now 9 going on 10 in December it's taken her some time I guess.

No comments: