Sunday, April 22, 2007

Back here again

Well here I am at the start of an exciting week ahead with trips to United, Salford rugby and then of course at the end of the week, a James concert at the MEN arena. The later is the most exciting thing for the week, as it's the first time in 6 years that I'll have seen this band live.

So what has taken place this week? Well it's been a busy week at work, as I was on some training for my newly found union work. It was a two day event in Birmingham. I wasn't too bothered over the venue, having been there previously a couple of weeks earlier, however the training was quite intensive. We were cramming a 3 day course into 2 days, so it was full on. By the end of the second day I felt out on my feet, but full of enthusiasm, which from what was said by the others was similar to them. I'm looking forward to the rest of the training and also getting into doing some work from this session.

I'm sure that I've stated that I've never been someone who has placed the "union" first before now, and in fact it's generally been pay my dues and that be that. However, since they helped me out a few years ago, I've wanted to somehow promote or help out where I could. I never thought that I'd be joining them in terms of the role that I've trained to be, I never thought that I'd that way inclined in terms of mentality. Still at least it's something different and offers me a chance to better myself some what, and also to see what's out there in the big bad world.

Once that training was done it was back to the grindstone for a day or so, and then another odd day on Friday. I'm not going to go into that out of respect for others. Saturday I was working and though nothing too major happened, I'm sure that I've not heard the last of it yet. Still I don't really care anymore, what's done is done and I can't go and change it. I may change others in how they go about things, but hey that would be a change for the better I guess.

Today I'm not sure what's going to take place to be honest. I'm in one of those moods to do very little and may just go out for my sake and no one else's. I know I don't want to be in here for the duration of the day, but I'll spend a bit of time in here doing very little. I've not had one of those days for ages and it may do me some good to do so. Solitary isn't too bad in small doses, and today may well be a small dose. I've got the radio playing on the computer, and that's always one of those signs for myself that I'm in for the day. It's often new tunes to myself and also someone talking often, which is a different circumstance than normal. So what I'll have for my dinner or tea I don't know, in fact I could make something special.

No comments: