Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pleased to Meet You

Having a picnic in the park, is one of those memories that most people have from some point or other, be it with the family or perhaps a partner or just freinds. Maybe because the weather has had a turn for the better here over recent days, I'm sort of yearning to have a said picnic. Times a change though, as my memories of picnics in the park, was of the odd sandwich, possibly a cream cake from the shop at the bottom of the road and a drink from the paper shop on the same road. Oh those drinks, I can't recall exactly what it was, not that it was a poor quality drink, but the drinks themselves came in animal shape containers and I loved the elephant version. However the paper shop didn't always have them in stock, but when they did they were a required element of said picnic. Today however, I'd be eager to have snacks and a wide range of stuff. Also the local park isn't exactly as exciting as it once was. Still it doesn't stop me wanting to have a picnic.

The day dreams of a rambling mind I guess, things are going well right now in some area's I'm happy and contented with the way life is going. They could be better, but that's something we all experience, and I'm enjoying going out exercising once more. I think I'll give myself perhaps 2 or 3 more weeks before going out for a walk becomes the norm and will be part of the daily routine. Then I've got to start changing my routes around a bit more, sticking to the same routes day after day is OK for now, as I can gauge how well I'm doing, but when it becomes routine it can become something which affects me more than it's doing good. However, I've now registerd to do the walk in July, so I'm walking in preparation for that right now.

There you go, that's it, that's life right now, but it's far more than that, it's all about me and being me for a change is perhaps a good thing. I do think some of that is due to me going out walking, I know I've got to lose weight and that by going out and walking will help me with that. It's also giving me more energy to work with and that's making me feel better about me. Yes, it's been said before, but it really does do me good to be exercising and being positive about myself. So who knows this time next year what the situation will be, but I'm hoping to be in this good place. It's not quite perfect, but what is?

No comments: