Thursday, May 20, 2010

Back once more, back into the world of blogging. Yes, I know that this year has seen me perhaps blog more than the previous two years, but hey it's good to talk or so they say. Another random post so please just read, as I'm not sure where we'll go.

So it's Thursday in the middle 0f May 2010, and whilst it's an ordinary day, it's the one that brings nearer the end of now 3 of my favourite tv shows of the past 10 years. Tomorrow, night season 3 of Ashes to Ashes finishes and concludes the story, the story which started way back 5 years ago now, with Life on Mars and the story of Sam Tyler. It was a wonderful new show, with an almost unique story line, but one which captured the imagination of a nation, and also brought back to life an era long forgot almost. This show brought us wonderful characters, some of whom moved to Ashes to Ashes and who's story concludes tomorrow night. I hope they do the show some justice, and not copy the way the US version of Life On Mars finished, that was awful, we deserve better.

Then on Monday, in the US the final episodes of 24, will air, Jack Bauer says goodbye to the tv screens, after some of best episodes of the 8 seasons... I think the world will miss Jack Bauer, he's some how become a hero to everyone and we know he does bad things, but hey he's Jack, he's "human" and we all make mistakes..

Finally, and I say finally as it's going to be a long goodbye, Smallville is going to finish this time next year. It's been a 10 year journey from an accidental viewing one afternoon, through to some great episodes and stories. Even if the later seasons have been a bit weaker, they've been enjoyable to watch. Like Ashes to Ashes, I hope the show finishes correctly, as they could go for a rather lame ending, but they need to really think about that.

That's the negative news, the positive is that I went for a walk today, and whilst I felt my back and it was a little sore, it's been far worse. I changed my route so I wasn't going up the big hill, so we'll see how it reacts later on and tomorrow morning. I must say I was a little surprised at how easy I felt the walk, even after staying away from walking for the past week. My feet feel a lot better as well, which made things easier. I just wonder if the back probelm is connected to the feet being sore. Thus making me adjust my walking style? I don't know, but having had an x-ray on my back yesterday, as ordered by my doctor, we may find out if there is anything properly wrong with my back once and for all. I'm looking forward to the results as once I know the situation one way or another I'll be able to either prevent my back playing up again or at least do what ever to ease the suffering it can cause me. I'm rather indifferent to the prospects of the results, either way I'll have some peace of mind.

Time for lunch now, so I'm going to leave this entry, I'm going to have a bite to eat before possibly doing some reading or some research, I'm not 100% sure yet of which, but I'll keep myself occupied today, unlike on Tuesday.

No comments: