Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Looking Forward

As the last entry was a review, this is a look forward or should I say an evaluation of 2011 before 2011 has begun. Now it would be easy to say that I would like a better 2011, and that I would love to be able to pick the numbers for tomorrow's £10m lottery roll over, and that I'll live happily ever after. It ain't going to happen though is it? I mean what are the chances? So 2011 is going to be the year I try to stay positive.

I'm going to continue to lose weight, as and where I can I'll do some big walks, and hopefully that will include the Manchester Shine Walk, all 26 miles. I've got my targets in that department, but of course I don't want to rush it with a mad diet and lose lots of weight in one go. I've enjoyed losing it slowly and being able to eat near enough what I've wanted over the past 7 or 8 months. Not having enough money to buy lots of food has helped, and plenty of pasta is good anyway for giving me energy to walk further and quicker.

In terms of employment, of course that would be nice, I've one or two things that I would really like to do, but it's waiting fo them to appear. If I can get the post that I know is coming I'll be happy. If not perhaps I'll start to do more presentations and to different colleges, however I'd like to get a couple of accounts on how it helped the students to help with my marketing. That may not be a regular income and won't be able to pay my way, but it would be a bit of extra money in the pocket I guess.

So onto my personal life, well the later months of 2010 were better in terms of socialing, and I hope that I can continue that through 2011. I'm making new friends, I've made up with old friends and so things are better than they were this time last year. I'm going out more to see people, which at least means I'm not trapped in this place on my own forever and a day, I'm actually engaging myself. I need to do more of that, only last night I was wanting to play Trivial Pursuit or Monopoly, or even Scrabble to engage my brain and challenge it to do some thinking. That's given me an idea to propose to some people....

Here's to 2011, let it be full of positives, let it be full of the number 19, number 12 and number 4, and if that's the case then it would also include number 2..... Now I doubt any of those who pass by will understand that, as it may be codes, but hey I'll wait and see.

No comments: