Thursday, April 07, 2011

Wandering Mind

One thinks many things at many times in the day. Be it, a simple thought about yourself, like "I'm thirsty", or a complicated task involving many thought processes. However, when one is resting or relaxing it tends to wander slightly, even if you are watching television or reading a book, you are taken into another world where the real life is almost suspended. However, the most craziest time I find my mind thinking what ever thoughts is during the times when I'm travelling, either by foot or propelled travel. I don't know what it is about travelling, but the strangest thoughts arrive to me, or some of the most sensitive aspects of my moods envelop my thought process and I assess everything. I would like to know why that is, but then lets be honest, does it matter?? It doesn't matter at all, but it's a curiosity that I thought about on my way down to the library this evening, what prompted that I don't know? That's where the idea of this post came from, and while I am thinking about it, maybe as I'm moving my mind is moving with me, and thinking other wilder thoughts rather than just the imagination of books, visual simulation etc. Maybe its the exercise is doing it good, with the "cleaner" air it's getting I don't know, but it's worth thinking about. Now then I'm trying to decide if I should stay in the library tonight and go to a presentation on UFO's, though I'm not convinced that I want to pay £3 for the rights to listen to someone talk to me for 2 hours on the subject. Still it could be interesting, yet the bigger concern I guess is that I need a couple of items from the supermarket and it shuts at 9pm when the talk finishes and I'd rather get in earlier than that to get some bargins. So no on reflection I won't be listening to the UFO presentation.

No comments: