Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Annual Relaxation

The sun is out, the sky is a crisp blue, the birds are chirping and the odd rumble of a car can be heard, and yet I'm in the middle of Salford and not some where in the country. Today is going to be a lazy day, I don't feel up to doing much at all, I'm struggling to motivate myself to do anything let alone something. So I thought I'd write in here, in the hope that it might spur me onto an activity or at least something meaningful.

Why I put the later down I don't know, everything is meaningful, just some things are more so than others I guess. The weekend passed with few problems, Saturday was busy, as I had the medical appointment in Bolton and then Trec. The medical appointment consisted of electric shock treatment to check my nerves in my arm, though I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest they'll find nothing wrong with them. I won't get the results back till around Friday, so I'm going to have to wait for confirmation, but hey ho let's wait and see. Trec was rather quiet, but none the less interesting and once I got home and had my tea, I watched a couple of tv shows before I went to bed quite early for me on a Saturday at 10.30pm.

I must have been tired as I slept very well on Saturday and woke up only once really at around 3am, before finally waking up at 7.40am, which is very late for myself. It was one of those nights where I caught up with any sleep that I've lost over the past few months, and it felt good to have done so. Sunday was spent relaxing really, I had no real reason to rush around and as the weather was poor I didn't want to venture out too much. So I watched some more tv shows I'd not watched for years. It may sound dull and boring, but it at least makes for a nice relaxing day occasionally.

Yesterday was much busier, with trips to Leigh and then Levenshulme to go swimming. It was nice to get out and also exercise a little whilst chatting. It's not too often I get to do that, well apart from the monthly swim that's it really. So it was a really nice way to end a long weekend if you would like to call it that. However, as I got home very late, it was nearly midnight before I sat down to eat my tea, so that may have some connection as to why I want a lazy day. I've no where to go or anything to do, and a day of not rushing to catch a bus or train here there and everywhere though the norm, is refreshing after having two such days so close together.

Over the years, I've found it hard to be able to approach days like today, I guess the end of the first paragraph suggests there is still a struggle, but I'm finding it easier to detach myself as I grow older from trying to force myself to be busy and doing things and being able to sit and relax. Is that a life skill that everyone should have? Is it something everyone has? I don't know, but it's taken me this long to start to learn it. So No this entry hasn't focussed me into doing anything, no this hasn't kicked my backside into gear, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the day and attack relaxation. One day a year everyone should do it, embrace it and enjoy it.

No comments: