Thursday, December 29, 2011

Stormy outside

The weather today has been truely awful, wind, rain, hail with more wind has made today a real horrible winters day.  We've not had many of these this year, but today is one of those days.  I ventured out just after lunch time, and though for the majority of the time I managed to escape the worse of the weather, I did encounter a very nasty downpour, some wind and then hail and wind just as I was nearing home.  It could have been nicer, but I think I managed to strike it lucky.

I can not believe today is my nieces 15th birthday, crimes the little un' is 15, that's not so little any more.  Long gone are the days of being able to pick her up, sling her upon my shoulders and not bother about it.  Long gone are the days of being able to wind her up really easily and spark her into actionn, which in turn would infuriate others.  Mind you we both knew we were having fun.  Tomorrow, we're going out for lunch a bit of a throw back, but we'll head to the chippy in Eccles, as they have a quaint sit down section.  We'll be all "Northern" with fish and chips, though perhaps a large sausage may be ordered instead of chips.  It's something neither of us has done for a while I suspect.

So we are now 3 days away from 2012!!  72 hours, well not quite that any more but you know what I mean.  I'm sort of ending the year feeling a bit flat.  Whilst I'm trying to find things to keep me busy and occupied, it's become harder of late, as nothing seems to be able to ignite a spark in me.  Still it's a mood that comes every so often and then goes away again.  This all started I guess on Christmas Day, after I'd finished watching some DVD's.  The idea of watching roadrunner was good, however it was over taken in the end and I watched the Star War's saga from start to finish.  It's the first time this year that I've watched them sequencially, and I'll be honest I really enjoyed doing so.  Little bits of the films had been forgot so some scenes no matter how many times I've seen them, I'd erased or simply failed to recall.  Once that had been finished however, filling up the time has since become a difficult process.  I'll sort it out for sure but by when?  I don't know?

Now it's time to leave this entry and go start preparing my tea, on this cold damp day, which isn't helping me I guess as I'm struggling to stay warm, a nice hot curry will go down a treat.  So till I speak again, hopefully before next year, cheerio....

No comments: