Friday, April 13, 2012

Not Guilty.

It's Friday 13th today, it's meant to be an unlucky day and whilst I don't wish to tempt fate, (I'm unlucky enough as it is) so far so good.  I've been out shopping, I've got exactly what I wanted at exactly the price I wanted it and so over the weekend I'm going to have roast pork for the first time in ages and ages.  The local Aldi had reduced some of the joints by 50% this morning, so at a very reasonable price for a rather large joint I'm more than happy.  Now all I have to do is see how many meals I'll get off it.  I'm predicting minimum of 2, probably 3 or 4.  

Yet, in the midst of the joys of my shopping trip on my return I saw something on facebook that sort of got me feeling guilty, and I began to descend into a guilt trip about what I wrote in here the other day.  I'm not saying which that would be unfair and probably would lead me to heaping more guilt upon myself.  However, I stopped myself quite quickly which is unusal for me in that respect.  I don't have to feel guilt on this issue, something has been amiss for a while now and I don't know where it went wrong.  So whilst the timing of my post may not endear me to others, and I can really understand that, I don't regret the post and I wasn't aware of or could have known.  

Will this be something to define today with?  No of course not, I'm aware that it's just port of the chaos that can describe what life is about.  I almost got into a debate on this last night, before backtracking or else it could have been a long night for a few people, and it was never intended to be so.  Still a good long standing tradition was upheld last night as a celebration for someone's service to Barnardo's in Salford ended up in the pub across the road.  The amount of hours, the amount of drinks and great, weird and funny conversations that's led to over the years is way to many to remember and some of the people involved in them are starting to fade from my memory as much I guess there's.  Some of those people I miss dearly, people to whom good friendships were had, and lost.  Well I use the term lost I don't think half the people I'm thinking about I've lost the friendship, more we've moved on and hardly ever see or speak to.  We are all in other circles and it's a shame as some of those friends were some of the best friends and closest friends I'd had.  Still just thinking about some of them and some of the times we had brings a smile to my face.  Puddles, shoes, drink, McDonalds, poor excuses and road trips come to mind, as well as failing badly at trying to find restaurants that served foreign fare in the early 90's that wasn't Indian, Italian, or Chinese.  

So onto today, not quite sure what I've got planned after this perhaps a shower, watch a tv show and then a walk?  I was thinking of going to say hello to someone, but I don't know yet.  I know that it would be a good thing, but who knows?  However, I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't or if I do, I'm on an even keel today.

No comments: