Thursday, November 01, 2012

Slow Month, Low Month

Only 2 posts last month, which this year is the lowest I've added to this blog.  It wasn't as if things didn't happen, they did, it was just that I didn't want to or couldn't be bothered to write anything down.  I do think that this has something to do with my PC at home being so slow, however it is no excuse what so ever.  So tonight, I post this from the library, not because I've got no connection at home, but because I've got a meeting here tonight, and I might as well after some shopping while away the minutes before the meeting here rather than dashing home and back down again.

Last month was probably the lowest I've got all year to be fair, which makes the low post entry strange for me, however I'm feeling lots better right now.  I guess it was down to me being sensible for a change and admitting that I didn't have the money to do what I wanted to do on a certain night.  I was saving for something, which I'd be buying on the Sunday and this was the Friday prior.  I didn't want to spoil the chances of me not being able to afford the item I wanted.  As it so happened, the item I bought wasn't right and I had to return it.  I went and bought a similar item else where for more money as I had enough as it so happened.  However the night that I turned down the chance to go for a meal, really hit home that whilst I can survive on what I'm getting and the word survive is the accurate word, it doesn't afford me the option of the odd special treat, well not a spontanious treat anyway.  I guess it was this along with the fact that I'd gone 10 months or more without a real down turn in moods that I spiralled out of control for a few days.  That's life I guess, however I know that I possibly upset a few people, as I seem to do with the way I deal with things and how I say stupid things, it's the way I am and how I do things.  It was a crazy quick spiral and one that I couldn't seem to stop.  I'm not 100% sure what I did to catch it if I did in honesty.  I'm cheerful enough, but I'm trying to work out if I'm putting that on or it's genuine. 

So what else have I done? Apart from a couple of walks last month, not a lot.  Firstly a walk around Daisy Nook Country Park and surrounding area's and then last weekend, I went around Pendle Hill.  They were great walks and I only wish I'd been able to complete the two laps of Pendle Hill rather than just the one, but that wasn't due to fitness or anything, just unforseen circumstances.  I'm really enjoying walking and rambling, which I guess had you told me many years ago I'd be doing this I'd have laughed at you, oh how things change!!!  However, it is so nice to walk in the countryside, up and down hills, exploring the locality and enjoying the views we find.  I don't know what got me to go in the first place at the start of the year, but I'm glad I did and I think it's safe to say that perhaps this is now another of my many hobbies. 

No comments: